Would the January 6th Committee Go As Far As To Destroy Their Own Personal Records In Their Fight Against Former President Donald Trump?
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts addresses a new report that will supposedly give Trump subpoena power in the charges brought against him.
As he faces charges pertaining to what occurred in Washington with the January 6th incident, former President Donald Trump made a huge claim that he believes will shift the case in his favor.
In a recent Truth Social post, Trump noted, “So now that I have full Subpoena Power because of the Freedom of Speech Sham Indictment by Crooked Joe Biden, Deranged Jack Smith, and the DOJ, it has just been reported that the Unselect January 6th Committee of Political Hacks and Thugs has illegally destroyed their Records and Documents. This is unthinkable, and the Fake Political Indictment against me must be immediately withdrawn. The system is Rigged & Corrupt, very much like the Presidential Election of 2020. We are a Nation in Decline!”
Of course, most people would brush this off as a mere defense tactic, which Trump is normally used to in this climate. However, some people are actually wondering if the records and documents were destroyed – in the face of a letter previously sent by House Speaker Kevin McCarthy that asked for the preservation of said records.
So the real question is if Trump does have subpoena power, and what this means to his case. To look at this more from a legal perspective, we now turn to Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Michael is Chairman, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers, through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise will certainly be welcome in this matter.
- Let’s just be honest here – do you believe Trump has a case that acquits him from the actions surrounding January 6th?
- What’s the benefit of having subpoena power in a situation as this? Who do you believe Trump would call to the stand if he’s able to use it?
- It seems that Trump accusing the Committee of destroying records surrounding the case is a very bold claim. Do you believe it’s true? Could they potentially be trying to cover up their tracks to build up their case against Trump?
- What do you believe will happen to the case over the next few months?
- What do you think the main problem is with this case when it comes to justice?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.