Will These Palestinian Demonstrators Inside Capitol Hill Face Similar Punishment To the January 6th Protestors?
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts believes the balance of the law should be used, no matter what the message might be.
As the war rages on between Hamas and Israel, many have taken their message to the street in the hopes of finding peace. But a certain few have gone a bit too far with their recent protest.
Yesterday, a number of around 350 pro-Palestinian protestors swarmed the Cannon Rotunda on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C., with their protest of “Jews Say Ceasefire Now!” The U.S. Capitol Police attempted to clear the crowd, but when they refused to budge, they began making arrests. At least three ended up being charged with assault on a police officer.
But the real question now is what kind of punishment they will face. Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts couldn’t help but recall that several protestors that swarmed the Capitol back on January 6th ended up being arrested and charged with multi-year sentences, despite speaking on a similar message. Should the same happen here?
Letts, who also serves as Founder, President and CEO of InVest USA, joins us now to discuss the matter further.
- So you believe these pro-Palestinian protestors should face similar sentences as the January 6th protestors, despite the different message? Is this merely because the letter of the law must be followed?
- Was this the right way for protestors to spread their message of peace? Especially after a police officer ended up getting assaulted by three of them (probably due to resisting arrest)?
- Do you believe the Biden administration will go easy on these protestors with their current support of Israel? Could he possibly be called out by his peers as a result of this?
- What do you personally think about what’s happening with the war between Israel and Hamas? Will the situation get worse before it gets better?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about the Restoring Justice website you’re working with right now.
- You can also learn about my new initiative at RestoringJustice.US, where we discuss lawful issues surrounding citizens of the United States.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
- You can visit our official InVest USA website.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.