Why Is President Biden More Focused On Banning Guns Rather Than Hiring On More Police Officers?
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts is confused by the President’s actions, and wondering why he won’t give police officers a fair shake.
Even though the nightmarish situation surrounding a mass shooter loose in Maine has come to a solution, the after-effects still have many across the nation reeling. And, with that, President Joe Biden has once again called for a solution that he believes will “fix” the problem – though many aren’t really sure.
As the manhunt was still ongoing late last week, the White House put out a letter asking Republicans to “fulfill their duty to protect the American people” in all-out banning “assault weapons”.
“Work with us to pass a bill banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, to enact universal background checks, to require safe storage of guns, and end immunity from liability for gun manufacturers,” he noted.
But there’s a problem. This doesn’t really resolve anything, as many would still be able to get their hands on weapons as needed. On top of that, it hides an even bigger problem – President Biden’s inability to acknowledge, or even fix, what’s happening with the police.
Ever since the “defund the police” riots that took place a few years ago, thousands of officers have left their post. As a result, many cities have come up short in fighting back against massive crime waves. Cities such as Portland, Seattle and San Francisco have lost quite a bit over the years.
And yet, when Biden tries to come up with a solution to criminals, he can’t even consider creating a budget that would bring more police on to help restore law and order?
Joining us now to discuss this further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise should certainly be helpful in this matter.
- Why is it that Biden just can’t see eye to eye with police officers or, for that matter, Border Patrol agents? Does it seem like he has a grudge against them?
- A while back, he noted that the police should be funded, but he’s done very little in actually getting this done. Has he lost interest, or does he just not care about doing it anymore?
- Do you think his proposed ban on “assault weapons” would work? If not, why not? Availability online or something else?
- How far do certain cities like San Francisco or Portland need to fall into chaos before Biden finally gets the idea to take care of law enforcement? Or could it possibly be too late?
- Do you think Biden’s proposed “assault weapons” ban will make any sort of traction? Or do Republicans know better at this point?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about the Restoring Justice website you’re working with right now.
- You can also learn about my new initiative at RestoringJustice.US, where we discuss lawful issues surrounding citizens of the United States.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
- You can visit our official InVest USA website.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.