Why Does the Colorado Supreme Court Decision Against Donald Trump Being On the Ballot Set a Dangerous Precedent?
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts believes no good can come from the recent decision.
There’s been a lot of talk since a decision that came from Colorado this week to forcibly remove former President Donald Trump from its 2024 ballot for his involvement in the January 2021 “insurrection.”
The Court made a close decision on the matter, opting to remove Trump based on inconclusive evidence from a case that’s still ongoing. And law enforcement veteran Michael Letts believes that sets a very dangerous precedent.
More often than not, some people are held accountable for actions that aren’t even in their control. For instance, earlier this month, the District Attorney for George Soros just now dismissed indictment charges against Austin police officers for “assaulting” rioters with rubber bullets – charges, we might add, they were previously exonerated of.
Just how far is too far when it comes to decisions such as these? Letts joins us now to discuss the matter further.
- Do you think Colorado is going too far with its decision to forcibly remove former President Donald Trump from the 2024 Presidential Ballot?
- Do you believe Colorado Supreme Court justices didn’t do enough research based on the circumstantial evidence with his “involvement” in what happened on January 6th?
- Could this come back to hurt Colorado, especially with Trump’s followers voicing their displeasure over the decision and his allies considering appeals?
- Do you believe this decision will eventually go to the Supreme Court? Or could Colorado possibly change its course?
- Is it possible we’ll see other states try to make legal decisions such as this, based on circumstantial evidence, at best?
- What effect do you believe this will have on the 2024 Presidential Election as a whole?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
- You can visit our official InVest USA website, and learn more on the official Invest USA Twitter account. You can also learn about my new initiative at RestoringJustice.US, where we discuss lawful issues surrounding citizens of the United States.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.