Tired of the Ongoing Migrant Crisis, Republicans Move To Impeach Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts agrees that the removal of the troubled Secretary can’t come soon enough.
The migrant crisis continues on, with thousands of illegal immigrants making their way into the United States, without any end in sight. And House Republicans are becoming tired of this problem.
According to CNN, it appears they’re finally going to do something about it, with an effort to impeach Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. This comes in place of its plans to impeach President Joe Biden, which appears to have stalled – at least, for the moment.
“From the far right and the Freedom Caucus to those more moderate, we have all been a part of this,” Rep. Anthony D’Esposito explained to CNN. “We’ve all asked the tough questions, and I think we are at a point, and I believe that the American people agree with us, that Mayorkas needs to be impeached and we need to find quality leadership to lead Homeland Security.”
Homeland Security Committee Chair Mark Green made it clear that Mayorkas has failed to enforce the nation’s existing immigrant laws, and that has sent this country into a tailspin. That, coupled with the lack of support from President Biden on anysort of plan, has left the situation in dire straits.
“It’s more critical right now than anything. And I think the American people are very, very attuned to that,” Green noted to CNN.
Joining us now to discuss the situation further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships.
His expertise in this matter will certainly prove useful. Welcome to the show, Mr. Letts!
- Do you agree with House Republicans that Alejandro Mayorkas needs to go?
- What kind of statement will the Republicans send to Joe Biden if they are successful in getting Mayorkas impeached?
- Who would be most effective to succeed Mayorkas when it comes to resolving the ongoing migrant crisis?
- Committee Chair Mark Green noted that this could become a very crucial issue “in November.” Do you believe this could have a tremendous impact on Biden’s attempted re-election?
- How much worse will the migrant crisis become in 2024 if we don’t do something about it?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
- You can visit our official InVest USA website, and learn more on the official Invest USA Twitter account. You can also learn about my new initiative at RestoringJustice.US, where we discuss lawful issues surrounding citizens of the United States.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.