The Supreme Court in 5-4 decision Is Allowing Feds To Cut Razor Wire Installed By Texas At Border
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts criticizes the latest decision by the Court, overriding Texas’ defenses at the border.
Some serious questions had arisen last week when Gov. Greg Abbott called upon the Texas National Guard – as well as other defenses – in an effort to slow the ongoing migrant crisis. While some applauded the move, others – like the Biden administration – were much more critical, calling it inhumane.
Now the Supreme Court has apparently sided with Biden’s side, ordering federal agents to remove razor wire fencing along the border in a narrow 5-4 vote.
Many had called the move “dangerous” and “inhumane,” particularly with how Border Patrol agents weren’t able to touch said defenses. That enabled the Department of Homeland Security to file its own complain, noting that the state’s activities actually got in the way of “clear federal supremacy” with border policy.
Except…the government really hasn’t done that much with border policy. Outside of President Biden acknowledging that former President Donald Trump’s border wall is an effective idea, little has been done about controlling the migrant situation. Now, the Supreme Court may have just made matters worse, overriding certain defenses to let even more in.
Joining us now to discuss this matter further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise on the matter makes him a helpful subject on this matter. Welcome, Mr. Letts.
- What does the Supreme Court’s decision tell you about the latest move with the migrant crisis?
- Are you surprised that the Biden administration – and their corresponding agencies – aren’t doing more to slow or stop the crisis?
- You’ve noted how Gov. Abbott was actually in the right about setting up these defenses. Tell us why you feel this way.
- Some may argue that Abbott’s methods are “inhumane.” What would be your argument for that?
- If it continues, just how bad will the migrant crisis get in this country?
- If Biden doesn’t do something about this matter, could it come back to haunt him when it comes to him trying to get a re-election?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more may visit: https://InvestUSA.org