The Real Tragedy From Former President Donald Trump’s Latest Indictment
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts believes the latest indictment against the former President will leave a mark on the United States for years to come.
Former President Donald Trump is in legal hot water yet again, leading to some interesting questions.
A federal grand jury has indicted for the former President, surrounding the January 6th “insurrection” at the U.S. Capitol building back in 2021. The charges read as follows: conspiracy to defraud the United States; conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding; obstruction of and attempt to obstruct an official proceeding; and conspiracy against rights.
Special counsel Jack Smith noted that Trump’s so-called “unprecedented assault” on democracy was “fueled by lies: Lies by the defendant targeted at obstructing a bedrock function of the U.S. government — the nation’s process of collecting, counting and certifying the results of the presidential election.”
But now comes the real question – where do the lies begin and end, and how many are President Biden taking advantage of with his current role as President? After all, the FBI has come under question as of late with their methods of injustice, along with the Department of Justice; and criminal activity is at an all-time high in several states, with very little support for police officers.
So do these actions against former President Trump feel like a smokescreen to take the blame off where the real troubles lie? Joining us now to discuss the matter is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various sponsorships and charitable groups. His expertise will certainly be helpful in this matter.
- What does this latest indictment of former President Donald Trump say about the justice system as a whole in our country?
- Many believe Trump is guilty, but why do you believe the charges against him may be wrong?
- What kind of effect could this leave on the United States for years to come – especially if Biden or a member of his administration remain in charge?
- Do you see any sort of improvements being made to the FBI or the Department of Justice if the focus continues to remain on Trump?
- Where does this leave the election picture for 2024? Will Trump even be allowed to run if these charges are pending? Would that be an injustice to his followers?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.