The Pennsylvania Prison Escape of a Deadly Killer In Brazil Brings Up the Question of How Safe The Government Is Keeping Us From Migrants
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts discusses the bizarre prison escape, as well as what Joe Biden and his administration need to do to tighten border security.
For the past few months now, security along the U.S./Mexico Border has been an ongoing topic, especially with migrants making their way into this country by the thousands. But now a new situation has put that back into question, with many wondering how such a dangerous killer got in our country to begin with.
Danelo Cavalcante, a killer convicted in Brazil, had somehow been held at a small Philadelphia jail. Somehow, he performed a bizarre escape that somehow involved crab-walking up a wall, climbing past razor wire and jumping to freedom.
Police from various agencies are on a manhunt for Cavalcante, trying to keep local residents calm, despite his daunting presence.
But the real concern is how easily he escaped the jail. One guard that was on lookout during the evening somehow missed his escape, resulting in a leave of absence during the investigation. Other defenses were also easily overcome, and even with full staffing at the jail, Cavalcante got away easily.
“What was perhaps overlooked was the fact that addressing the single point of physical countermeasures should have been bolstered by additional means. We are addressing that,” noted Howard Holland, the acting warden of the Chester County Prison.
Here to talk about the situation further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is founder, President and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers, through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise will certainly prove useful in this matter.
- First off, how can a prisoner convicted in Brazil leave his country and illegally enter into the United States?
- How can he stay in this country and be able to murder an American citizen as well before being deported? Is it due to Philadelphia being “smaller” than, say, other cities like New York or Los Angeles?
- Security analysis shows that walls need barricades (wire, etc.) on top, besides requiring spacing distance between walls. So how did Cavalcante overcome this. How did the failure occur as a whole?
- How prevalent is this across the country, and what is ICE (and for that matter, the Biden administration) doing about all the violent illegals in this country?
- What does this say about the Border crisis as a whole right now? Does Biden need to pay more attention to the matter, and provide additional funding for better defenses, besides the failed “water wall” that Texas tried to implement?
- What recommendations would you make for Holland and other wardens to prevent something like this from ever happening again?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.