The Maine Shooting Shows Exactly Why Police Officers Are Still Needed Now More Than Ever
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts praises the men and women working tirelessly to find the suspect, who is still on the loose.
What’s happening in Maine right now is absolutely frightening.
40-year old Robert Card, who is a certified firearms instructor and a member of the U.S. Army Reserves, allegedly shot and killed at least 18 people in a bowling alley and a restaurant, and injuring 16 others. At the present time, the suspect is still on the run – but he is being heavily pursued.
That said, Maine has countless officers, men and women alike, out to subdue the suspect, working tirelessly to keep people safe. In the meantime, schools have been closed and citizens have been advised to stay indoors, until the suspect is captured.
Though the situation is grim, the police are working tirelessly to keep everyone safe while attempting to apprehend the suspect. And that’s something Michael Letts wants everyone to keep in mind.
The President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA is here to talk to us about the tragedy, as well as the effort being put forward by police forces to keep people safe – at a time when many state governments are questioning their worth. His expertise will certainly be welcome in this matter.
- Do you have any thoughts on what’s taken place in Maine this week?
- What do you think motivated Card to allegedly carry out this shooting? Or is it too tough to say?
- How hard are Maine’s police working to apprehend the suspect? We’ve already heard about the school closures and making sure people stay indoors.
- At a time when many state governments are questioning the value of their police departments, this incident is a good example of why they still matter. Would you agree?
- What do you think governments need to do following this incident to assure that the police are there to do their job, in spite of what some politicians may think of them?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about the Restoring Justice website you’re working with right now.
- You can also learn about my new initiative at RestoringJustice.US, where we discuss lawful issues surrounding citizens of the United States.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
- You can visit our official InVest USA website.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.