The FBI’s Use of “Uncorroborated Intelligence” In Their Investigation of Trump and Russia Shows Just How Incompetent They’ve Become (Guest: Michael Letts)
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts discusses Special Counsel John Durham’s recent report, and why it should be of concern.
For the past few months now, we’ve been hearing reports of problems within the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). However, a new report from Special Counsel John Durham indicates just how far they’ve gone with a particular case.
Durham revealed earlier this week that the FBI should have never launched its investigation into connections between former President Donald Trump and Russia during the 2016 election, indicating that the agency used “raw, unanalyzed and uncorroborated intelligence,” also referred to as “Crossfire Hurricane.” What’s more, this was different when it was looking into alleged election interference surrounding Hillary Clinton’s bid for President.
“We conclude that the (Justice) Department and FBI failed to uphold their important mission of strict fidelity to the law in connection with certain events and activities described in this report,” Durham noted. He also said “at least on the part of certain personnel intimately involved in the matter,” there appeared to be “a predisposition to open an investigation into Trump.”
That said, Durham didn’t recommend any sort of new charges against individuals, nor any “wholesale changes” to how the FBI handles investigations surrounding political figures. Don’t be surprised, however, if the Judiciary Committee currently looking into the FBI makes note of it.
So what happens now? Joining us is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Michael is currently President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise should prove useful in this matter.
- So what do you think of Durham’s findings against the FBI with his report?
- With this report, do you believe that the FBI acted with malice when it came to their “invasion” of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate last year?
- Durham didn’t recommend any charges be made against individuals. Do you think he let the agency off too easily, especially considering everything the report has detailed?
- House Judiciary Chairman Jim Jordan has already made it clear he’ll have Durham testify next week as part of their investigation. What more do you believe we’ll learn about the FBI?
- If you were in charge of the FBI, what changes would you make in an effort to “right the ship,” as it were?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
You can visit our official InVest USA website, and learn more on the official Invest USA Twitter account. You can also learn about my new initiative at RestoringJustice.US, where we discuss lawful issues surrounding citizens of the United States.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.