The FBI Is Apparently Going After Catholics Again – And Won’t Even Provide the Report Saying They’re Doing So
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts discusses the troubled bureau’s latest actions – and why a thorough investigation is long overdue.
It appears that the Federal Bureau of Investigation is at it again – and aren’t even taking the initiative to confirm their actions.
A new report from Fox News that the House Judiciary Committee discussed an internal FBI memo with director Christopher Wray, which noted that violent extremists have been “sought out and attended traditional Catholic house of worship,” suggesting “trip wire or source development” within churches as well as “radical-traditionalist” Catholic online communities.
That’s correct – they’re going after U.S. Catholics that support the traditional Latin Mass The information came from the Southern Poverty Law Center. But why didn’t it come from the FBI itself? Because, apparently, Wray had it removed.
He noted he was “aghast” over the existence of such a memo and “ordered it withdrawn and removed from FBI systems.” He also noted that an internal review of the memo would be performed by the bureau for later in the summer. But…that’s it. There’s no other public record of the memo to speak of, since it believes that “the public is ‘not entitled’ to the records.”
If this doesn’t show signs that the FBI has become more shady serving the Biden administration, we’re not sure what does.
Here to discuss this further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is Founder, President and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise will certainly be useful in this matter.
- As a law enforcement official, do you believe public records of a questionable memo should be made available? Or does it really depend on the safety of whoever’s involved?
- What’s shadier – the fact that the FBI seems to be going after Catholics, based on this memo; or the fact that Wray acknowledges the existence of the memo, but won’t confirm any public record of it? Or are they both equally bad?
- Do you believe progress will be made with the hearing from hereon in to assist the Judiciary Committee with their investigation? Or could the Biden administration try to assure the protection of its very bureau?
- Is the idea of Catholics being targeted another piece of confirmation that the FBI isn’t really looking out for the best interest of the American people? Do you believe it’s acting merely on the behalf of the Biden administration?
- In your opinion, what’s the best thing that the FBI can do right now to “right the ship,” so to speak?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.