The FBI and DHS Are Warning People About “Threats To Public Safety” During the Holiday Season – But Why Aren’t They Doing More?
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts talks about the government agencies’ recent warnings – but ponders why safety precautions aren’t being taken at the border.
As the holidays are in full swing, the FBI and DHS served reminders to the American people that they need to stay safe.
Both of the government agencies noted that there is are heightened “threats to public safety” due to the ongoing war between Israel and Hamas, noting that they are “closely monitoring threats to public safety during the holiday season which may be amplified” by extremists.
“We take all potential threats seriously and will work closely with our law enforcement partners to determine their credibility, share information, and take appropriate investigative action,” the FBI noted in a public service announcement.
That said, however, it’s notable that President Joe Biden hasn’t done anything to really resolve the need for increased safety. He hasn’t made any effort to hire additional police officers, nor has he taken any sort of extra steps to secure our borders, when so many migrants are slipping through.
Joining us to discuss the matter further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise in all things law and order should be useful in this conversation.
- Do you believe Americans should take extra precautions this holiday season over potential terror threats?
- What do you think about the FBI and DHS issuing such warnings, but doing very little to provide extra protection over the holiday season?
- Why do you think President Biden is doing very little to secure our borders and hire extra police officers when we need them the most?
- Is Biden worried about the irony that would come from actually “funding the police” after lobbying so long about their defunding? Or is it something else, like his fellow Democrats in Congress?
- Is there anything you wish to say to your fellow officers regarding this holiday season?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
- You can visit our official InVest USA website, and learn more on the official Invest USA Twitter account. You can also learn about my new initiative at RestoringJustice.US, where we discuss lawful issues surrounding citizens of the United States.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.