The FBI and Department of Homeland Security Reportedly Ignored Vital Information Regarding January 6th (Guest: Michael Letts)
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts provides his thoughts on the matter, as well as what this potentially means for those arrested at the U.S. Capitol.
The FBI and the Department of Homeland Security are once again on the justice radar, following findings from what took place on January 6th, 2021 at the U.S. Capitol.
According to AP News, both departments reportedly downplayed “a massive amount of intelligence information” ahead of the gathering, in which several dozen people were arrested. This comes from a chairman on a Senate panel that released a new report on the failures surrounding these agencies.
Neither the FBI nor the DHS managed to warn of any potential for violence, even with so many social posts surrounding going to the U.S. Capitol. Even with threats of the “plan” to “literally kill people,” they did little to nothing about it.
Michigan Senator Gary Peters notes that this was “largely a failure of imagination to see threats that the Capitol could be breached as credible,” and that the prepare for the large gathering “defies an easy explanation.”
So what now? Joining us to discuss this further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts currently serves as Founder, President and CEO for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise should prove useful in this matter.
- Let’s just get right to it. Had the FBI and DHS acted more on the information given, could the U.S. Capitol incident have been a lot more peaceful than it ended up being? Was that a complete lapse on their part?
- Why do you believe they ignored the information?
- Do you see this as yet another breach of justice by the FBI, following everything that’s been done to private Americans through surveillance, as well as Christian mothers that are being wrongfully targeted?
- For that matter, could many of the arrests that were made from the Capitol incident have been made in error due to the lack of actions by the FBI and DHS?
- What do you think needs to happen now to the FBI? Complete dismissal of its staff? Removal of Christopher Wray? Do charges need to be filed?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.