The Case of Jose Guadalupe Menjivar-Alas Shows What’s Wrong With the Growing Migrant Crisis
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts discusses the case, and why Biden needs to do something before the problem gets out of hand.
The migrant crisis in the United States has reached critical levels. And if you need any specific evidence of that, take a look at the case of Jose Guadalupe Menjivar-Alas.
According to the report, Menjivar-Alas is currently in jail for supposedly causing the deaths of a mother and her son in a drunk driving accident. What’s concerning is not only has the suspect been arrested before on DWI (multiple times), but that he’s also managed to slip back into the United States after being deported. More than once.
Because of this, the bail for Menjivar-Alas has been set at $250,000, with concern that, if it were lower, he would try to be deported again – and just make his way back into the United States.
“Just even the possibility that Mr. Menjivar would be deported if he posts bond is very concerning,” the judge noted during the hearing.
But how concerning is this situation? Joining us now to talk about this further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, a company that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise in all things law and order make him an ideal subject for this interview.
- What do you think is the most alarming thing about the case surrounding Menjivar-Alas? The multiple deportations? Or the multiple DWI’s?
- What does this particular case say about the ignorance of Biden and his administration when it comes to the migrant crisis?
- Why isn’t Biden doing more, you think? Is he concerned about issues with other countries, rather than taking care of his own?
- Don’t you think he’d make the migrant crisis a bigger concern, especially when he’s close to kicking off his re-election campaign?
- If something isn’t done about the migrant crisis over the next few months, what do you believe will happen?
- If you were in charge of resolving the migrant crisis, how would you go about it?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.