Sound of Freedom Is a Must-See Film – Despite Some Dismissing It As Anything Otherwise (Guest: Michael Letts)
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts discusses the controversial Angel Studios film, and why everyone should see it as soon as possible.
Hollywood has been turned upside down by a somewhat unexpected success story – the movie Sound of Freedom.
Initially produced by 20th Century Fox and released by Angel Studios, the film stars Jim Caviezel as Tim Ballard, a former government agent who takes it upon himself to rescue a pair of children from sex traffickers in Colombia. It’s based on a true story, and the film itself is an absolute gut-punch, and a reminder that this is a real problem that affects millions of people around the world (including the United States).
The movie has grossed over $45 million in its first week of release, even outperforming Disney’s summer juggernaut Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. However, that hasn’t stopped some media outlets from criticizing the film, labeling it as a “QAnon fantasy” and stating how it’s pushing a hidden agenda. (Important side note: most of these outlets praised the Netflix series Cuties, which is about the exploitation of children in the dancing world. Something to think about.)
So what makes Sound of Freedom such a must-see film, especially at a time when some are failing to see what the message really is? Joining us now to discuss this further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt.
Letts is currently Founder, President and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise should prove useful in this matter.
- You’ve personally seen Sound of Freedom. What are your thoughts on the movie, and what did you take away the most from it?
- What do you believe makes Sound of Freedom a must-see movie right now?
- Are you concerned with these media outlets that dismiss Sound of Freedom for its “QAnon” messages, instead of focusing on the real problem at hand with child trafficking?
- Are you surprised by the film’s success in theaters, particularly with its impressive Buy It Forward ticket program?
- How does this relate to you personally? We understand you’re actually working on a program to help Americans trapped in Afghanistan.
- For those that are wondering if Sound of Freedom’s message is uneasy, what would your advice be for them?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.