President Trump’s Post-Arraignment Comments Reinforce How Unequal Justice Is Destroying America (Guest: Michael Letts)
Following his arraignment in New York earlier this week, former President Donald Trump had no shortage of commentary surrounding the lack of justice stemming from the case.
During his speech at Mar-a-Lago Tuesday night, Trump discussed how government agencies were doing wrong when it came to hunting particular political parties. “The FBI and DOJ relentlessly pursuing Republicans,” he noted in his speech. Trump’s words resounded with many, with him concluding, “The U.S. is a mess.”
So with all the attention going into the indictment, is it time to proceed further with an investigation of the United States’ government agencies? Here to discuss the matter further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts currently serves as President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships.
His expertise should prove very useful in this matter.
- Do you believe the United States’ law enforcement system failed Donald Trump? Why do you think this is the case?
- What would you say to any detractors that note that Donald Trump “had it coming” following his years in office?
- You noted in the past how the Department of Justice and the FBI seem to be falling into a “double standard” when it comes to investigating certain subjects and not all guilty parties. Why do you think that is the case?
- Some are calling for the “defunding” of the Department of Justice and the FBI. But you believe that “freezing” the funds is the better way to go. Do you agree? How will this affect good employees within the agencies?
- What do you think will come of the Senate Judiciary Committee’s investigation into the FBI and Department of Justice?
- For that matter, will Trump eventually be charged from his indictment? Or do you believe he’ll be freed of his charges?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.