NYPD Officers Just Got Attacked By Migrants, So Why Isn’t Mayor Eric Adams Speaking More About It?
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts thinks the Mayor needs to shift his loyalties, because right now he’s insulting the integrity of the police.
If you need to see just out of hand the migrant situation is in the United States right now, just take a look at what recently happened in New York City.
According to Fox News, several illegal migrants took part in attacking two police officers, right in the heart of Times Square. The officers were attempting to subdue a member of the group, only to be assaulted by the others. Thankfully, the officers only had minor injuries from the incident.
So far, five suspects have been arrested and charged, with another four being pursued. But the interesting thing about this matter is how silent Mayor Eric Adams is being about it.
Adams had spoken in the past about the ongoing flood of migrants that have been coming into the city, and how he’s had to freeze the police hiring program as a result of it. However, when asked about the attack, a spokesperson for the Mayor explained that they would not go into the legal status of those involved in the attack. They only noted that migrants that are within the city must follow a preset code of conduct.
“Violence — of any kind, and no less against our officers — is unacceptable and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”
The fact of the matter is Adams could’ve said more to validate the effort of the officers, but didn’t due to his stance on what’s happening with migrants.
Joining us to discuss the situation further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise on this matter is certainly welcome.
- What do you think about what happened with the migrants attacking police officers earlier this week in Times Square?
- Does it sum up what’s happening with the migrant crisis as a whole, and why President Biden needs to find a solution to the matter before it’s too late?
- What about Mayor Adams refusing to address the details of the matter and instead just giving a general statement? Does this seem like an insult to you?
- Do you believe there will come a point in time in which Adams has no choice but to address what’s happening with the out-of-control growth of migrants within the city?
- What kind of effect will the migrant crisis have on the 2024 Presidential Election?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
About Michael Letts…
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Officer Letts has been a frequent guest on Fox Business News, NewsMax TV, One America News and hundreds of radio programs. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.