“My Arrest is Imminent,” says Donald Trump: A Law Enforcement Perspective with Officer Michael Letts
Former President Donald Trump’s announcement of his imminent arrest has stirred the nation, making us question the very fundamentals of our justice system. To shed light on this alarming development, we have Officer Michael Letts with us today. As a seasoned police officer and founder, President and CEO of Invest USA, Officer Letts provides a unique perspective on how this upheaval is viewed within law enforcement circles.
1. Officer Letts, given President Trump’s declaration of an impending arrest, how does this resonate with you as a law enforcement professional?
2. With Trump framing the investigation as a “witch hunt” and an instance of political weaponization of law enforcement, how does this affect the public’s perception of law enforcement, especially from a conservative standpoint?
3. The recent convictions related to the Jan. 6 Capitol breach have caused a stir. How might this situation reshape public understanding of the event?
4. How do you, as a law enforcement officer, interpret the term “insurrection” applied to the events of January 6?
5. Do you believe there’s a growing gap between the public portrayal of law enforcement and the reality officers face, particularly in the light of high-profile political cases like this?
6. In the current political climate, how do you uphold your commitment to law and order?
7. If a situation arises where a police officer is ordered to arrest the former President, what advice would you give?
You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
8. Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
9. Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.