Merrick Garland’s Denial of Wrongdoing In Hunter Biden Investigation Leaves Questions To His Capability (Guest: Michael Letts)
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts believes the Judiciary Committee should look further into his actions following a report from an IRS whistleblower.
Ever since he was questioned by Congress a few weeks ago, many have been looking into the actions of Attorney General Merrick Garland. But now, with a new statement provided on the Hunter Biden investigation, even more people are wondering just what he’s hiding.
During an unrelated press conference earlier this week, a journalist asked Garland about a report revealed by an IRS whistleblower, indicating that Hunter Biden may have given “preferential treatment” regarding a tax evasion case.
Though Garland had promised that the investigation “would be conducted without any kind of political interference,” his response left some questions. “I stand by my testimony and I refer you to the attorney for the district of Delaware, who is in charge of this case and capable of making any decisions that he feels are appropriate.”
Some see this as a mere brushoff from answering any further questions about the probe, though the whistleblower’s report indicates that Garland, dubbed a “senior political appointee,” provided testimony that was less than factual.
With us now to discuss this further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts currently serves as Founder, President and CEO for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various sponsorships and charitable groups. His expertise is certainly welcome in this matter.
- So, in your personal opinion, why do you believe that Attorney General Garland isn’t giving all the facts, particularly with his testimony before Congress?
- Do you personally believe the whistleblower’s report when it comes to the President’s son getting “preferential treatment” by the IRS and FBI? Was this something done on the President’s part, or do you believe he asked?
- You’ve been talking about the lack of credibility of the FBI and the Department of Justice over the past few months. Would you say that Garland is playing a big part in that?
- What would you like to see the Senate or Judiciary Committee do when it comes to looking further into Garland’s actions? Could another session with Congress provide the answers that are needed?
- If you were in charge of the FBI, what moves would you make to make the bureau accountable again?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about Restoring Justice, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.