Is DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas Handing Border Control Over To Mexican Cartels?
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts discusses a new Fox report, where the House Homeland Security Committee may have made a devastating discovery.
The situation at the U.S./Mexico border might actually be worse than anyone thought.
A new report over on Fox News has revealed that, per revelations by the House Homeland Security Committee, DHS Secretary Alejandros Mayorkas may have ceded control of the southern border to Mexican cartels.
This comes via a new report from the administration’s handling of the migrant crisis, following criticisms from Republicans surrounding Mayorkas’ performance, citing that he “has emboldened cartels, criminals and America’s enemies.”
It goes on to read, “Mayorkas and [President] Biden’s policies have emboldened and enriched the cartels, ceded control of America’s sovereign Southwest border to these organizations, and jeopardized the safety and security of individuals and communities across this country in the process.”
The cartels have apparently played a big part in transporting migrants across the border, mainly as trafficking and smuggling mules.
The report noted that Biden’s administration had no trouble reversing Trump-era policies, and, as a result, have “encouraged millions of individuals to make the journey to the Southwest border in hopes of being released into the United States.”
Mayorkas has noted that the claim is false, saying that his agency is “taking it to the transnational criminal organizations, the cartels that peddle in death and destruction, to an unprecedented degree.” That said, however, the results just aren’t there, and Mayorkas believes that Congress is needed to fix a “broken” system.
Joining us now to discuss this matter further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is President, founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise is certainly welcome in this matter.
- What do you think about this new report? Do you believe Mayorkas has handed control of the border to drug smugglers?
- Why do you believe he ceded this control to them? Was it an order that came from the Biden administration?
- Speaking of Biden, how does he benefit from giving up this control? Wouldn’t the Border crisis be a serious problem for him come his bid for re-election in 2024?
- What do you think the real reason is for Biden and his administration not doing enough to take care of Border patrol agents and doing very little to keep migrants out? Is it a lack of interest or do you believe he just refuses to admit that he was wrong to reverse the previously set policies by Trump?
- Where do you see the Border crisis going in the year ahead? Will the situation get better, or far worse?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.