InVest USA Will Donate Vests To Police County In Tennessee Following the Shooting of Two Blount County Police Officers
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts explains why it’s of utmost importance to give these officers the support they need after losing one of their own.
More than 150 law enforcement officers are currently hunting for Kenneth DeHart, a 42-year old suspected of fatally shooting a Blount County deputy and injuring another.
He currently stands wanted of first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder and being a felon in possession of a firearm, according to the official report.
Blount County Chief Deputy Jeff French has called on the support of the community in the hopes of tracking down the suspect. “We’ve done search warrants, and we’ve followed up on every tip that we’ve gotten,” he said. “No tip is too big or too small. We appreciate the community sending us those. We ask that you continue to do that, and we’re going to continue to follow up on it.”
With that, InVest USA is prepared to do its part as well. Michael Letts, President, Founder and CEO of the company, has vowed to donate several vests to the Blount County Sheriff’s office in Tennessee.
“InVest USA, the millions of law enforcement officers, first responders, and the American people stand behind America’s heroes and we come to honor the ultimate sacrifices they make,” Letts noted in a statement. “We pray for the family, children, colleagues, and community that they cherished and loved that are left behind. Thank you for your part in ensuring justice, freedom, and values that remain the bedrock of America. Your watch is covered here, and we’ll meet you on the other side. God bless!”
Letts joins us now to discuss the situation further, and why InVest USA is helping in their time of need.
- What do you think about what took place in Blount County? Does this show just how much people are at odds with police?
- What gave you the idea to provide them bulletproof vests in their time of need?
- How did you come about creating InVest USA in the first place? Was it due to the lack of funding provided by the government to some police officers? Or something else that inspired you?
- How many vests have you given away thus far? And how many are you looking to provide to officers this year?
- How frustrated are you that police officers sometimes don’t get the support they deserve from some citizens and governments? What more do you think can be done about it?
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
About Michael Letts…
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Officer Letts has been a frequent guest on Fox Business News, NewsMax TV, One America News and hundreds of radio programs. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.