InVest USA Looking To Push New York Police Department Morale With Vest Donations
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts explains why his company is providing support where Mayor Eric Adams will not.
Times have been tough in New York lately, what with thousands of police officers leaving their posts, migrants flooding into the city, and crime at an all-time high.
And yet, Mayor Eric Adams is doing very little to alleviate the problem. He’s created a hiring freeze on the NYPD while trying to figure out the growing number of migrants within the city, which has since led to “chaos” and “fury” from officials. Sadly, it doesn’t appear that any solution is in sight for the matter – at least, not yet.
With that, law enforcement veteran Michael Letts is ready to take matters into his own hands. He is the President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships.
“We are publicly offering Active Shooter Vests donations as a demonstration of the country’s support of our first responders…..especially those who are in critical areas, including New York City,” Letts said in a statement.
“Where failed immigration policies of the Biden Administration on placing devastating strains on the law enforcement/first responders community, the tragedy is that instead of rallying to support America’s heroes, the government response has been to slash law enforcement/first responders budgets, initiate hiring freezes, ignore equipment/vests needs and demand more federal dollars to care for illegal immigrants. Nor our first responders and law enforcement. How insulting.
“The result is the lowest morale, lowest number of officers in history.”
Letts joins us now to discuss this new initiative.
- So you’re working closely with the New York Police Commissioner, as well as the state of New York, in an effort to donate these vests. Why do you think it was time?
- Why do you think Mayor Adams (and, for that matter, Gov. Kathy Hochul) are failing so miserably when it comes to taking care of officers in the New York Police Department?
- Why are they so concerned with taking care of migrants? Isn’t there a better solution for taking care of this particular problem?
- What do you think President Biden and his administration need to do in an effort to take better care of police officers and Border Patrol agents? More importantly, do you think he’ll actually do it?
- Could the issue surrounding growing criminal activity and the lack of police officers be a major one when it comes to the 2024 Presidential Election?
- Tell us more about InVest USA, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
- You can visit our official InVest USA website, and learn more on the official Invest USA Twitter account. You can also learn about my new initiative at RestoringJustice.US, where we discuss lawful issues surrounding citizens of the United States.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.