Hunter Biden Has Finally Been Indicted On Gun Charges, But the Real Question Is Why His Other Crimes Aren’t Being Addressed
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts discusses how convenient the indictment is for Biden, and why he isn’t likely to face any other conspiracy charges.
It appears that Hunter Biden will finally have his day in court. But the real question is what kind of punishment he’ll get for the meager crimes he’s being indicted for.
U.S. Special Counsel David Weiss has indicted President Biden’s son on three charges, including making false statements on a federal firearms form and possession of a firearm as a prohibited person. That said, however, Biden has yet to arrange any kind of surrender or note as to when he’ll appear to answer the charges.
But many have been wondering why Biden hasn’t been charged with anything else, considering the status of his controversial laptop or the reports that he worked with President Biden (Vice President at the time) to coerce international officials to work with him on certain items.
Though Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy has vowed to subpoena Hunter Biden as part of the ongoing investigation by the Judiciary Committee at some point, there’s also the question if the Federal Bureau of Investigation could interfere – as it’s reportedly done in the past.
Joining us now to discuss this further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is Founder, President and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise will certainly prove helpful on this subject.
- You noted how this indictment works out of convenience for Hunter Biden, mainly because it doesn’t involve any other parties besides himself – which reportedly leaves President Biden in the clear. Why do you see this as a problem?
- How involved do you think the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Justice have become in this matter? Would their involvement be a reason why there wasn’t much investigation done on Hunter Biden’s laptop?
- You noted how this indictment could deflect criticism on Joe Biden being treated to a different judicial standard than, say, former President Donald Trump. But the Congressional committees seem to say otherwise, based on reported evidence they’ve found. Should further investigation take place on this?
- You also noted how David Weiss worked with Biden on the indictment to avoid him being charged on any crimes in the past, but now he’s conveniently handing out this one. Explain to us how this could be an issue of corruption.
- How much do you see the FBI and the Department of Justice interfering with Republicans investigating the actions of Hunter Biden and his father?
- What kind of bearing will this situation have on the 2024 Presidential Election, if any?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.