George Santos Has Been Expelled From Congress…But Who’s Next?
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts reminds politicians that no one is above the law – not even those in leadership.
Right before the weekend, the U.S. House set an example to prove that it’s not going to bow to corruption.
In an unprecedented vote, the House voted to expel GOP Rep. George Santos, following several charges being filed against him. These include federal indictment for fraud, as well as money laundering, theft and stealing donors’ identities – charges he had previously pleaded innocent to.
This marks only the sixth time in U.S. history that a member of the House had been expelled, but it once again sets a precedent that it’s not prepared to deal with corruption. That said, it still has a ways to go when it comes to teaching a lesson to those held accountable for their actions.
Joining us now to discuss this further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise in justice and the law will prove useful in this discussion.
- What lesson can Americans take away from the removal of George Santos from the U.S. House?
- Considering the charges he’s currently facing, is it any surprise that Santos was removed the way he was?
- Santos is currently considering legal options over his removal from the House. Shouldn’t he perhaps focus his resources on proving his case in his current criminal charges instead?
- You make note that this should just be the start of calling out people on their corruption in the U.S. House, as well as in higher-up offices. Who else do you think deserves an investigation, and possibly even a military tribunal?
- Do you think 2024 will be a “clean-up” year as far as our government goes, especially with the Presidential election getting closer and closer?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
- You can visit our official InVest USA website, and learn more on the official Invest USA Twitter account. You can also learn about my new initiative at RestoringJustice.US, where we discuss lawful issues surrounding citizens of the United States.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.