Family of Deceased Man In Texas Furious Over the Wheeling and Dealing By the Soros District Attorney With the Suspects
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts discusses the fallout that comes with a plea bargain with an aggressive prosecutor, in place of real justice.
There are some prosecutors out there that push to get the job done, no matter what it takes. But in doing so, sometimes they can turn a blind eye to the justice that is due.
In this particular case, the family of a man brutally murdered in a mob-style attack in Round Rock, Texas. But the real crime comes with a Soros-backed progressive district attorney who has managed to get all five suspects lenient sentences, with the implication that he “doesn’t care” about justice for the victim’s family.
Attorney Jose Garza, who received funding from George Soros, managed to get lighter sentences for the suspects, despite “overwhelming” evidence that was presented – including video that has been shared to social media.
“We were very confident, we were promised they were going to go for capital murder, and they would go away forever. We were very confident in all the cases, and then in January, DA Garza takes over, and we were immediately informed that he was not going for capital murder, because that’s what he ran on, and we were very furious about that,” Conny Branham, Christopher Branham’s mother, told Fox News Digital.
Dennis Farris, who serves as the president of the Austin Police Retired Officer’s Association, added that “it appears that Garza has now become more of an advocate for the criminal than he has for the victim.
“The prosecution is acting more like defense attorneys than they are prosecutors.”
Joining us now to discuss this case further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is founder, President and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise in law enforcement will certainly provide some insight to this matter.
- What do you think about prosecutors as a whole? Do most of them do their job for the most part, or are there some out there that pose a danger like Garza does?
- What does funding by George Soros do for someone like Garza? Does it provide him extra leverage in getting the sentences he wants? Or does he use his resources in another way?
- Do you think justice was done for the family with the lighter sentences that the five suspects received? What more do you think can be done to give them the justice they truly deserve?
- Do you believe people like Garza leave a bad name on law enforcement? Is there a chance we could see more people like them somehow end up in office?
- What do you think is the key to stopping Garza from hurting further victims like this?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.