Donald Trump Is Receiving Strong Support In His Fight Against the Colorado Supreme Court – And Rightfully So
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts explains why he agrees that “chaos” could come from Trump being removed off the Presidential ballot.
Right before the weekend, potential Presidential candidate Donald Trump noted that he has filed an appeal against the Colorado Supreme Court, after the state decided to remove him from the ballot for his role in the January 6th insurrection.
Since that time, more than two dozen states have thrown their support behind the former President, filing an amicus brief with the Supreme Court. They have noted that if Trump isn’t allowed to be re-added to the state ballot, it could throw the 2024 Presidential election “into chaos.”
Several attorneys for 27 different states noted that the move by the Supreme Court, declaring Trump an “insurrectionist” under the 14th Amendment, “has vast consequences that reach far beyond Colorado.”
Arguments on the case are set to be heard on February 8th, but many are talking about whether or not Trump belongs on the ballot.
Here to discuss the matter further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise in all things law make him a top figure for this discussion. Welcome, Michael!
- Does Donald Trump indeed deserve a spot on the Presidential ballot for 2024, despite what some people calling him an “insurrectionist”?
- What argument would you have against someone that thinks he doesn’t deserve to be on the ballot?
- Where do you see this legal fight going in the months ahead?
- Some may say that Trump doesn’t deserve to be on the ballot, merely because of all the legal trouble he’s going through. What’s your two cents on that particular matter?
- Why are so many states supporting Trump in his fight to get back on the ballot? Do they simply see that his rights are being violated by Colorado? Or is it something else?
- Where do you see the Presidential election going in the year ahead? Are we in for potential turmoil, or will we see a strong race?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
- You can visit our official InVest USA website, and learn more on the official Invest USA Twitter account. You can also learn about my new initiative at RestoringJustice.US, where we discuss lawful issues surrounding citizens of the United States.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.