Derek Chauvin’s Stabbing In Prison Shows Everything Wrong With Today’s Judicial System
The law enforcement veteran discusses the unfortunate incident, and why Chauvin deserves better.
Following his incarceration for his role in the death of George Floyd, former police officer Derek Chauvin has found himself put into a world of hell.
Shortly after being sent to prison, Chauvin has become the victim of a brutal stabbing attack by an unidentified inmate. He’s currently in stable condition from the attack, according to reports.
Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison noted, “I am sad to hear that Derek Chauvin was the target of violence. He was duly convicted of his crimes and, like any incarcerated individual, he should be able to serve his sentence without fear of retaliation or violence.”
However, some believe that Chauvin may have been “railroaded” by the miscarriage of justice revolving the death of Floyd. One of those people is law enforcement veteran Michael Letts, who has over 30 years of experience under his belt.
Letts is President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise is certainly welcome on our program.
- What do you think about the attack that happened to Derek Chauvin in prison? Is it something that could have been avoided, or was it inevitable given his situation?
- Do you see attacks like this in prison all the time? Or was there something about this particular one that seems suspicious to you?
- You believe that more evidence should’ve been presented on Chauvin’s behalf, especially medical information surrounding Floyd’s condition. Why do you think this was set aside?
- Who do you believe was responsible for what happened to Chauvin? Do you think the Biden administration might have played some sort of part to support their narrative?
- What do you think will happen to Chauvin now? Could he be attacked again?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about the Restoring Justice website you’re working with right now.
- You can also learn about my new initiative at RestoringJustice.US, where we discuss lawful issues surrounding citizens of the United States.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers?
- You can visit our official InVest USA website.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.