Attorney General Merrick Garland’s Recent Comments To a House Judiciary Committee Leaves Some Concern
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts breaks down the Attorney General’s answers, and why he’s looking for more answers.
With all the discussion surrounding Hunter Biden’s all-too-easy surrendering to gun charges, the House Judiciary Committee was seeking answers. So, they called upon Attorney General Merrick Garland to provide them. However, his straightforward – and almost scripted – response has just left more questions.
In his opening statement, Garland noted that “the Justice Department works for the American people” and that “I am not the President’s lawyer.” He would later go on to explain that the Justice Department’s role is to “pursue justice, without fear or favor,” and not to “do what is politically convenient,” despite several pieces of evidence noting otherwise.
He also noted that the Department doesn’t “take orders from the President, from Congress, or from anyone else about who or what to criminally investigate.”
But House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan, along with several others, wasn’t convinced. “The fix is in. Even with the face-saving indictment last week of Hunter Biden, everyone knows the fix is in.”
That said, Garland didn’t provide any additional answers, leaving just as much lingering doubt surrounding Hunter Biden, and the special treatment he’s getting as he faces his gun charges.
Joining us now to discuss this further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is President, founder and CEO of InvestUSA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise will certainly be welcome in this matter.
- What’s your personal take on the answers that Attorney General Merrick Garland provided during the House Judiciary Committee hearing?
- Would you say he’s definitely trying to “play it safe” for the sake of Biden? Or someone else?
- Do you think his plain answers are concerning, especially considering the way that the Justice Department and the FBI have reportedly acted over the past few months?
- Jim Jordan noted that “the fix is in” when it comes to Garland’s plain answers. Would you say you agree?
- Where do you want questions for future House Judiciary Committee meetings to go?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts…
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.