Attorney General Merrick Garland Has Assigned a New Special Counsel To Look Into the Hunter Biden Probe
But just how effective will U.S. Attorney David Weiss be? Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts weighs in on the matter.
As rumors continue to swirl over the actions of President Joe Biden’s son Hunter, Attorney General Merrick Garland has decided to put his own weight behind the matter.
Garland recently appointed U.S. attorney David Weiss as special counsel for the Hunter Biden probe, and has notified the House of Congress over the appointment.
This comes after Garland was told by Weiss earlier in the week that “in his judgment, his investigation has reached a stage at which he should continue his work as a special counsel, and he asked to be appointed.”
Hunter Biden had previously noted that he would plead guilty to tax evasion charges. However, U.S. District Court Judge Maryellen Noreika rejected said agreement, stating that there were too many “concerning provisions.”
This comes on top of other rumored reports surrounding Biden’s dealings with Chinese and Ukrainian officials (possibly with asking his father to provide political weight), and, of course, the stories surrounding his laptop.
So what happens now? Here to speak more on the matter is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is Founder, President and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise will certainly prove useful in this matter.
- What are your thoughts on Weiss being given “special counsel” assignment for Hunter Biden? Do you think it’s suspicious, or could he possibly come up with more charges, as he did in Delaware?
- Do you think the rejection of his deal over tax evasion charges could be a major point in looking over his actions? Especially given how some Republicans saw it as a “sweetheart” deal instead of true justice?
- Do you believe President Biden worked with his administration to assure that the hammer wouldn’t go down so swiftly on Hunter over his actions? Could it be possible for the President to possibly interfere with Weiss’ actions?
- What do you personally think needs to happen to Hunter? And for that matter, should the actions of President Biden be looked at as well?
- Where do you see this investigation going over the next few months? If anywhere, really?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.