Americans Are Accepting Conservative Beliefs Now More Than Ever (Guest: Michael Letts)
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts discusses the change, and whether the numbers can actually go up any further.
The times, they are a-changing. And apparently for the more conservative.
A new survey from Gallup Values and Beliefs shows that there is a huge increase in the number of Americans that identify as conservative on social and economic issues. So high, in fact, that it’s the highest that it’s been in well over a decade.
Part of this is due to the ongoing debates surrounding a number of hot topics over the past few years, including abortion, crime, drug use and transgender rights.
38 percent of Americans consider themselves conservative when it comes to social issues, while 44 percent believe they are economically conservative. Meanwhile, Republicans are showing an even larger increase in social conservatism – by a whopping 74 percent.
With us now to discuss this further is law enforcement veteran Michael Letts, who is no stranger to the voice of conservatism. He is currently President, Founder and CEO for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charities and sponsorships. His expertise will certainly prove useful in this matter.
- So let’s just get right into it – why do you believe more Americans are adopting social and economic conservatism? Is it the ongoing debates with certain topics? Or something else?
- Do you believe changes in political party identification could have played some sort of part with conservative changes?
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) seems to be just as concerned with conservatives as they are with Christians and Republicans. Why do you think that is, and does it show just how much justice has been taken off balance over the past few years?
- For that matter, the Targeted Violence and Terrorism Prevention Grant Program has also reportedly used federal funds to target conservatives. Why are they so afraid of their views and thoughts?
- Do you think the media has played a big part in how some Americans have changed their stance with conservative topics? Could we continue to see that push in the months ahead, or will they lean towards the “other side,” as it were?
- Where do you see conservatism going in the year ahead? Could the number increase even further?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.