After Attacking Trump’s Border Wall Solution, President Biden Just Went and Adopted It As His Own
The law enforcement veteran discusses the move, and why it seems like a half-hearted attempt to slow the growing migrant problem in the United States.
In previous years, the Biden administration didn’t hold back on picking on former President Donald Trump’s border wall solution, stopping production in early 2021 and noting how it was “just one example of the prior administration’s misplaced priorities and failure to manage migration in a safe, orderly and humane way.”
But, suddenly, the administration sees it as a solution. Per this report from Fox News, work has begun on a new border wall in South Texas, in an effort to slow the ongoing migration into the state.
Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas noted how there was an “acute and immediate need” to build the wall, despite previous comments by Biden going against the wall. In fact, he even noted at one point, “There will not be another foot of wall constructed on my administration.”
This sudden change of heart follows members of the administration saying that the migrant problem was under control – something the Border agents alongside Mexico have been proclaiming as false for some time now.
Though it appears Biden has shifted course on immigration, he still doesn’t seem to be doing enough to stop its growing numbers, particularly with hiring more Border agents and toughening security measures. There’s only so much a slow wall build will get done.
Joining us now to discuss this further is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is Founder, President and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise will certainly prove helpful in this matter.
- In your honest opinion, do you believe Biden reversed course on what he thinks about “building the wall” in an effort to save votes for his potential 2024 re-election? Or did he do it to appease those that felt he wasn’t doing enough to resolve the surge at the Border?
- You’ve often noted that part of the problem is that there simply aren’t enough Border agents to keep our country safe. Is that still the case? Why do you believe Biden is so determined to keep these hiring numbers low?
- Do you believe Biden will be a target of criticism as a result of his shifting course on the border wall? Do you believe it’s deserved?
- Where do you see the migrant crisis going in the months ahead? Will thousands more pour in before any further progress is made on the wall?
- From your personal experience, what do you think the best solution is as far as the migrant crisis is concerned?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.