A New Report Takes a Closer Look At Gun Ownership In the United States – And Why It’s More Important Than You Realize
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts and Gun Owners of America spokesman Stephen Willeford discuss the report, and why there are more private gun owners than ever.
With crime on the rise to unbelievable heights in many states and the number of illegal migrants entering the United States, more and more citizens are feeling the need to own a firearm.
And according to a new report, those numbers are on the rise.
Zero Hedge recently posted a detailed report looking at all 50 United States when it comes to gun ownership. According to the report, firearm ownership sits at 120.48 firearms per 100 people. In addition, American civilians own nearly half of the world’s 857 million civilian-use firearms, around 46 percent.
As far as states go, Montana has the highest amount of gun owners, sitting at 66.3 percent of its populace. However, Wyoming has the most guns per capita, with 245.8 firearms for every 1,000 residents.
But some interesting stats indicate that these owners know how to use their guns responsibly. The top five states for gun ownership apparently only create .8 percent of the U.S.’ firearm-related homicides. By comparison, the bottom five states for gun ownership resulted in 4 percent of the nation’s deaths.
Furthermore, the report notes the core reason why people own firearms. According to 72 percent of those surveyed, it comes down to one thing – “protection.”
Here to discuss the matter now is one of two guests:
Michael Letts is a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. He is Founder, President and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships.
Also available is Stephen Willeford, the spokesman for the Gun Owners of America. Willeford acted as the “hero with a gun” in the 2017 Sutherland Springs incident, and has since written a book on the matter.
Their expertise will certainly prove useful on this subject.
- Why do you think gun ownership is on the rise? Is the nation really in that much trouble with increasing crime rate and a growing number of migrants entering the country?
- Interestingly enough, the states with the highest ownership of guns have less of a homicide rate than the states with the lowers ownership. Why do you think that is?
- Do you think a majority of these private gun owners use their guns responsibly? If so, why is President Biden so concerned about blocking certain types of “assault weapons” within this country?
- Do you see gun purchases continuing as 2024 goes on? Especially considering that there doesn’t appear to be a solution in sight for the criminal or migrant problems?
For Michael Letts…
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Tell us more about the Restoring Justice website you’re working with right now.
- You can also learn about my new initiative at RestoringJustice.US, where we discuss lawful issues surrounding citizens of the United States.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers?
- You can visit our official InVest USA website.
For Stephen Willeford…
- You recently wrote a book called A Town Called Sutherland Springs: Faith and Heroism Through Tragedy, revolving around your 2017 “hero with a gun” situation. Tell us more about how this came together, and why it’s such an important read right now.
- Where can people find your book?
- Where can we learn more about you, as well as Gun Owners of America?
About Michael Letts…
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.