A Federal Court Just Stopped the Biden Administration From Releasing Illegal Immigrants Into the U.S. Without a Court Date – But What More Can Be Done? (Guest: Michael Letts)
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts believes the military may need to step in if the President continues to push for his more lenient migrant policy.
With Title 42 officially at an end, many were wondering what President Joe Biden was going to do in regards to keeping the Southern Border from overloading with illegal immigrants. Well, it turned out he had a rather simple solution – let them in to check in to a processing center at their leisure. But the Federal Court isn’t having it.
A judge was able to block the President’s administration from putting a policy in place to allow the release of said migrants without court dates, even though they specifically stated that the Southern border was not “open” – a contradiction in terms, to say the least.
The immigrants would’ve been released on “parole with conditions,” rather than going through the traditional processing they had gone through in the past under Title 42. Under that rule, migrants would only get that treatment under “urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public benefit.”
The temporary restraining order is set to last for two weeks. Beyond that, Biden may try to implement it yet again, allowing thousands of illegal migrants into the country. Considering the trouble they’ve caused over the past few months – including a recent “active shooter” event in Texas – this is a move for the worst.
Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt, now joins us to discuss this further. He is President, Founder and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise will be certainly useful in this matter.
- It seems that President Biden has heavy disdain over Border Agents and the job they’re performing at the Southern Border, particularly with this new “parole” policy he’s trying to put in place. How troublesome is it that he doesn’t seem to really care about them?
- Considering the trouble we’ve seen with illegal immigrants in the past, how alarming is it that President Biden and his administration simply wants to let them in on a “parole” basis, letting them check in with a processing center at their leisure?
- How frustrated do you believe Border Agents are right now over Biden’s policy?
- You’ve noted that a proper solution for possibly resolving the Border crisis is shutting down border entry and working through the processing centers, which are already crowded enough as it is. Do you still believe this is the best chance for controlling what’s happening at the Border?
- There’s talk about several Republicans looking to continue building the Border wall. Do you believe Biden may get in the way of this?
- If Biden’s administration continues to push against these resolutions and keep going for their “parole” solution, you mentioned that the best solution could be to push the War Powers Act into effect, with a Military Tribunal placed against the President for the sake of National Security reasons. Some may see this as “extreme,” but why do you think it would be the best resolution?
- What would happen to the President’s chair if the Biden administration is, in fact, being tried for treason?
- Is there anything you want to say to the hard-working Border Patrol agents trying to keep the Southern border crisis from getting out of hand?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
You can visit our official InVest USA website, and learn more on the official Invest USA Twitter account. You can also learn about my new initiative at RestoringJustice.US, where we discuss lawful issues surrounding citizens of the United States.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.