Why Are Some Black Lives Matter Groups Supporting Hamas’ Attack On Israel?
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts discusses the disturbing trend of the groups supporting death of innocent women and children.
While many political types and governments are supporting Israel in its ongoing battle with Hamas, some fringe-left groups seem to be leaning towards the other side.
Several reports indicate that several independent chapters of Black Lives Matter are showing their support for Hamas, praising them in the name of “resistance” and “liberation” against Israel.
The BLM chapter in Philadelphia noted, “We gotta make sure our so called progressives who stand for justice except for when it comes to Palestine are more afraid of the people, are more afraid of us, than they’re afraid of AIPAC and their funders. The same police who are willing to kill you and me here in the streets of Philadelphia are going over to Palestine to learn the best methods to do so. The same people who are gentrifying our communities and sit comfortable stealing their land and creating these…settlements in Palestine.”
Adding to that, BLM Grassroots recently noted in a separate statement, “When a people have been subject to decades of apartheid and unimaginable violence, their resistance must not be condemned, but understood as a desperate act of self-defense.”
With us now to discuss these statements – and the choices of these groups – is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is Founder, President and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise should prove useful in this matter.
- What are your initial thoughts when it comes to these Black Lives Matter groups supporting Hamas, and their cruel acts against women and children?
- They noted that their support leans towards “resistance” and “liberation,” but is this really the case considering the high body count their soldiers have produced?
- BLM Philadelphia noted that “the same police who are willing to kill you and me here in the streets…are going over to Palestine to learn the best methods to do so.” What are your thoughts on this statement, especially considering the effects that groups such as this had on local police forces?
- BLM Grassroots called Hamas’ actions “a desperate act of self-defense.” But is it, especially with innocent people caught in the crossfire?
- Another group noted that Israel created the “terrorism” that Hamas has had to respond to. What are your particular thoughts on that comment?
- Is it curious that Black Lives Matter groups are going to such extremes, especially with their effects on local police forces resulting in growing criminal activity across a number of states?
- We understand you recently vowed to provide several bulletproof vests to Israeli police forces. What motivated you to take such a step forward?
- Tell us more about InVest USA, and why support for fellow officers, in the U.S. and around the world, is so important right now.
- Tell us more about RestoringJustice.US, the new website where you help out citizens in need surrounding law matters.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, Restoring Justice and whatever else you’re working on?
About Michael Letts
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.