Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts believes that the Senator may be onto something when it comes to justice.
Just days ago, former President Donald Trump noted that Manhattan district attorney Alvin Bragg would be issuing an arrest warrant for him this week. Though that has yet to take place, some believe it could literally happen at any time.
That said, Senator Rand Paul sounded off with his own opinion on the matter. In a tweet, Paul noted, “A Trump indictment would be a disgusting abuse of power. The DA should be put in jail.”
Though Paul didn’t provide any further context regarding his tweet, it’s become the subject of heavy criticism. However, there are some, including law enforcement veteran Michael Letts, who believes that he may be onto something, especially considering how President Biden’s own son, Hunter, has yet to face any charges surrounding what happened with his laptop months prior.
Letts joins us now to discuss his perspective further, and why the police officers that are given the arrest order may want to think twice.
- In the face of so many people believing that he’s in the wrong, why do you believe that Senator Paul has a point when it comes to arresting DA Alvin Bragg?
- You’ve talked in the past how Trump has become a target of Biden and his administration, as well as his Democratic allies. Would you say this appears to be the case here as well when it comes to the potential actions of Bragg?
- You’ve also mentioned how what Trump did surrounding the payoff with former porn star Stormy Daniels isn’t what you consider “illegal.” Why would Bragg say otherwise? Simply for any reason to arrest Trump?
- What argument would you have for someone that thinks that Rand is “way off base” with his suggestion?
- Do you believe Bragg may have changed course of the potential arrest because Trump spoke up over the weekend? Or is there another reason?
- You’ve also said in a previous press statement that you don’t believe police officers should follow through on an arrest order, despite potential penalties. Why do you think this is the right move to make?
- Do you think this arrest could make police officers even more of a target to the public, especially after what happened with “defund the police” just a couple of years ago?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
You can visit our official InVest USA website, and learn more on the official Invest USA Twitter account.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.