Invest USA’s Michael Letts sounds off against Washington D.C.’s recent declaration over a “public emergency” surrounding the growing number of migrants – and for good reason.
The crisis at the Southern border continues on, with migrants continuing to try to get into the United States on a daily – or even hourly – basis. But Washington D.C. seems to have sounded off on the situation, perhaps in a way that seems a bit ironic.
Mayor Muriel Bowser noted last week that a public emergency was in place for D.C., with thousands of migrants arriving on buses from Texas and Arizona since April. But sheriffs that are dealing with the border crisis firsthand have called out the Mayor and liberal allies over the action, noting they have no idea what an “emergency” really is.
“They have seen nothing,” said Goliad County Sheriff Roy Boyd in a statement to Fox News. “They are not a border town. They don’t know what a border crisis is.”
Previously, Bowser, alongside her other liberal mayors, noted that the city has become a “sanctuary city,” and controversially noted she will “make sure we have a humane, efficient, welcome process that will allow people to move on to their final destination.”
Joining us now is Michael Letts, a man with over 30 years of law enforcement under his belt. He current serves as president, founder and CEO for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers across the U.S. through various foundations and sponsorships. His expertise with the current border situation will certainly prove useful with this discussion.
- Do you believe Bowser may have panicked by declaring a “public emergency” over the growing number of migrants within Washington D.C.? How could the matter have been handled differently?
- Some people believe Goliad County Sheriff Roy Boyd may have been out of line with his comments that D.C. is “not a border town.” Do you believe they don’t have an understanding of just how much of a struggle border agents are going through right now?
- Bowser pronounced that D.C. was a “sanctuary city” and she wanted to help migrants “move on to their final destination.” How questionable is this phrasing?
- You believe border agents are going through a world of hell right now, between what’s happening with the migrants and the lack of support from President Joe Biden and his fellow officials. Is this still the case?
- Texas has sent less than 10,000 migrants to D.C., while Border Patrol agents have been dealing with more than two million over the course of the year. Is this a statistic that Bowser and her liberal allies seem to be overlooking? Possibly out of convenience?
- What do you believe Biden can be doing to provide Border Patrol agents with the support they need? For that matter, couldn’t police officers use similar support right now, especially considering what they’re going through?
- If you had the opportunity to draw up a solution to the border crisis, how would you go about it?
- Tell us more about InVest USA, and what this organization does to protect police officers. Does this also extend to Border Patrol agents?
- Where can we learn more about In-Vest USA, and how people can make contributions to the group?
You can visit the official website at http://www.investusa.org.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.