InVest USA’s Michael Letts explained why the surprising move was necessary for everyone to move forward.
After months of demanding action from the group, Uvalde’s school district has finally taken action over the active shooter event back in May that resulted in over 20 lost lives.
The district has suspended its entire police force, and Uvalde school district Superintendent Hal Harrell has announced that he will retire. The board will hold a closed session on Monday to find a replacement.
In the meantime, the district will request additional Texas Department of Public Safety troopers to be stationed on campuses and at events, where “staff and student safety will not be compromised during this transition.”
While some question the entire force being suspended, there seems to be a reason for it happening. Joining us now to explain that further is Michael Letts, who served over 30 years in law enforcement. He is currently founder, CEO and president of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise will prove useful in this matter.
- You believe that the suspension of Uvalde’s entire police force is a necessary move. Can you tell us why?
- Do you believe with this suspension, the force will be able to get the training needed to prevent a tragedy like this from ever happening again?
- The people of Uvalde seem to think they’ve finally gotten justice in this situation. Do you believe this suspension – and reassessment of the police department – will provide them some much-needed peace?
- You’ve been talking about how the Uvalde event has pushed officers in other districts and states to protect people better during active shooter events. How do you feel about this?
- If you were in charge of reassessing and rebuilding Uvalde’s police force, how would you go about it? Would you provide training? Perhaps hire a few new officers to fill in veteran positions?
- Tell us more about InVest USA, and how it’s helping police officers, especially in their time of need.
- Where can we learn more about In-Vest USA, and how people can contribute to the group?
- You can visit the official website at http://www.investusa.org.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.