InVest USA founder Michael Letts speaks about the changes to the social media channel, and how its changes can help spread a better message.
Ever since Elon Musk took over the social channel earlier this fall, there’s been some interesting changes to the social media giant Twitter.
Musk has taken more of an approach towards free speech, firing those that have limited accounts in the past and allowing the return of several types to the channel, including Donald Trump. While some Democrats have been concerned about this supposed “Wild West” approach, conservatives are celebrating, as it gives them a chance to spread the message they wish to relay.
Important words are easy to get drowned out at this time of year, which is why it’s important everyone get a chance to speak their mind. And criticize Musk all you want, but it’s a bold move that’s bringing millions of new users to the service.
With us now is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts currently serves as founder, CEO and president of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to officers through various charitable groups, events and sponsorships. His expertise on the power of free speech should prove useful in this matter.
- How important is the right to free speech, especially now?
- In the past, Twitter has been very restrictive on what certain people have to say, particularly conservatives. Do you think Musk saw what was going wrong here and decided to act on it in the best way possible?
- Do you think the power of this “new Twitter” will help those with something to say amplify it for more people to hear?
- Now that we’re seeing a new audience come to Twitter, do you see this as a change for the better? Why do you think some Democrats and other users are so concerned by said change?
- Are you on Twitter? Tell us more about your channel and what people can expect when they visit, as well as what they can reach out to you about.
- Tell us more about InVest USA, and how it’s helping police officers, especially in their time of need.
- Where can we learn more about In-Vest USA, and how people can contribute to the group?
You can visit the official website at http://www.investusa.org.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.