Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts analyzes what will happen to the hard-working Border Agents and out border security.
As if Border Agents weren’t already facing enough turmoil with illegal immigrants and poor treatment, matters are about to get much worse.
That’s because Title 42 has expired, a rule that previously allowed authorities to quickly turn away the masses at U.S. borders. Without this rule in place, there’s likely to be even greater chaos.
The U.S. code now follows Title 8, something that Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas noted will have “more severe” consequences because processing invaders under Title 8 (in comparison to Title 42) will take much longer, which means Border Agents will have their hands tied while trying to keep our borders safe. Even with these new-restrictions, more migrants may wind up coming into the country, overwhelming the already exhausted Border Agents.
The Biden State Department has already noted it will open an additional 100 regional processing centers for those who escape the border, though no specific timetable was given. And while the House did vote on Thursday to pass a GOP border security bill, it has already seen a “veto threat” from the White House.
So what happens now? Will Biden do anything to provide relief to the Border Agents? Or will things get worse? Speaking with us now about the matter is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts is currently President, Founder and CEO for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise will be helpful in this matter.
- On a scale of one to ten, how disastrous would you say the switch from Title 42 to Title 8 is? And what’s your reason for this particular number?
- Does President Biden not seem to realize what sort of crisis is forming at his border? Will he only do something about it when so many migrants seem to seep through into our country?
- Considering the shooting that took place a few days ago in Texas (at the hands of suspected shooter Mauricio Garcia), what does this say for the safety of Americans as a whole?
- The Daily Caller recently posted reports indicating that migrants and prisoners were set to be released into this country, if they haven’t already. Should we be concerned that Biden isn’t doing anything to stop this?
- Why does Biden have such a grudge against Border Agents? He already condemned them for a “whipping” attack without any proof, and doesn’t seem to provide them any additional resources. What do you think his problem is with them?
- What will happen to the Border Agents with this switch to Title 8? Could matters become even more frustrating as migrants attempt to enter the country, especially with the hour-long processing time?
- If you were in charge of finding a solution for our border problems, how would you go about it?
- We’re hearing that 65,000 migrants have already begun gathering at the border at the time of Title 42 expiring. Is this merely the beginning?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how those interested can help their fellow officers.
You can visit our official InVest USA website, and learn more on the official Invest USA Twitter account. You can also learn about my new initiative at RestoringJustice.US, where we discuss lawful issues surrounding citizens of the United States.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.