The Unspotlighted Story of a Hero On January 6th Shows Just How Jaded Politicians and Media Are For Not Mentioning It
Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts discusses the actions of retired New York police sergeant Michael Joseph Nichols.
With the January 6th committee still trying to find answers in regards to what happened, there are many stories that are getting lost in the shuffle. Like the story of retired New York police sergeant Michael Joseph Nichols.
A report from The Epoch Times reveals that the retired officer worked alongside U.S. Capitol Police Lt. Tarik Khalid Johnson to help rescue several other officers from the riot scene. After finding out his hotel was blocked off, Nichols found himself in an unexpected situation, working alongside Johnson and a pair of Oath Keepers to rescue those in peril.
Up until this point, not much was known about Nichols’ story. But that’s mainly due to both the media and politicians who are trying to point out parties in this “insurrection” who are to blame, instead of pointing out those that were truly trying to make a difference.
With us now to discuss the actions of Nichols – and how they went unnoticed – is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with more than 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts currently serves as president, founder and CEO for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise will prove worthwhile in this matter.
- Some people see Oath Seekers as “domestic terrorists” who were merely pushing for what happened on January 6th. But is this merely a jaded perception by the media and politicians looking for someone to blame, or perhaps something else?
- Why do you think stories like Nichols’ are being swept under the rug? Part of an agenda to continue to make former President Donald Trump look bad? Something else along those lines?
- What do you think about Nichols’ actions as a whole? Do they truly define everything that people should expect from a police officer?
- It seems over the past couple of years, people have given negative reception to officers, resulting in the “defund the police” movement adopted by groups like Black Lives Matter and ANTIFA. Do you believe Nichols’ story could convince them otherwise? Or will they continue to stand by their cause?
- You’ve seen the effects of “defund the police” firsthand over the past few months, including crime rising to new heights in cities like Portland and New York, as well as thousands of officers quitting their jobs out of frustration. How disheartening is it to see all of this happening?
- If you had a chance to meet up with Nichols, what’s the first thing you would say to him?
- Tell us more about InVest USA, and how it’s helping police officers, especially in their time of need.
- Where can we learn more about In-Vest USA, and how people can contribute to the group?
You can visit the official website at http://www.investusa.org.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.