Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts explains what can be learned from the tragic shooting at Club Q from Sunday night.
Another tragic active shooter event took place Sunday night in Colorado Springs, as Anderson Lee Aldrich open fired on a crowd at Club Q. As a result, he killed five people and injured more than 20 others before being subdued by an Army veteran and taken into custody by police.
Many are still reeling from the attack, while many believe was a hate crime perpetrated by Aldrich. In fact, police wasted no time in charging him with five counts of hate crime, along with murdering and injuring others.
Here to speak now on this tragedy is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of law enforcement under his belt. Letts currently serves as president, founder and CEO for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise should prove useful on this matter.
- This is yet the latest active shooter event to take place in the United States. What are your thoughts on seeing this continue to happen? Do you think President Biden should find a more viable solution, outside of his suggestion to simply ban “assault weapons”?
- Some people label this as a “hate crime,” but you actually feel that all crime, in a way, can be seen as “hate crime.” Can you elaborate further on this?
- Do you think someone a citizen with Concealed-Carry/Constitutional Carry could’ve made an impact here? For that matter, are you concerned that the government hasn’t considered this more as an option to stop active shooters?
- It appears that Aldrich has a violent history, as he was arrested for a bomb threat against his own mother in June 2021 before the charges were mysteriously dropped against him, and the records sealed. Do you believe investigators could’ve looked more into him before he took part in this tragic shooting?
- Is there anything you want to say to the people of Colorado Springs, as well as the hero and police that apprehended the suspect?
- Tell us more about InVest USA, and how it’s helping police officers, especially in their time of need.
- Where can we learn more about In-Vest USA, and how people can contribute to the group?
You can visit the official website at http://www.investusa.org.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.