Following this week’s controversial raid on former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence, many are questioning the actions of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). And now, some people believe that this is proof of the “swamp” that Trump swore to drain several years prior.
Speaking with The Epoch Times, Ohio Republican representative Warren Davidson noted, “I think for anyone who doubted that there was a swamp when Donald Trump was saying ‘Drain the swamp,’ now I think there’s true believers. So it’s historic.”
Many were up in arms over the FBI “invading” the compound and taking boxes of evidence with them, saying it went beyond the law in the hopes of finding damning evidence against Trump. And Davidson came up with several examples pertaining to that.
“No accountability for Hunter Biden, no action on that; no action on any number of things that they could have taken action on, like for example, targeting of Supreme Court justices,” Davidson noted.
Joining us now to discuss this matter further is Michael Letts, a man with over 30 years of law enforcement under his belt. He currently serves as president, founder and CEO for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers, through various charitable foundations and sponsorships. His expertise will certainly provide some weight to this matter.
- What do you think the biggest concern is here when it comes to the FBI’s recent raid on Mar-a-Lago?
- Do you believe Davidson could be onto something when he notes that the “swamp is real”? Or could he be over-exaggerating?
- What should the FBI have done in regards to its investigation on Donald Trump, if an all-out raid wasn’t the answer?
- Davidson also notes no action taken on Hunter Biden or against those that have threatened Supreme Court justices. What do you think about the imbalance in this?
- What do you think will happen next with the FBI’s investigation? Do you believe anything may be done to deter their course?
- Do you see problems going forward with law enforcement from this? Could it possibly affect police officers that are already going through tiresome conditions on their current duty?
- We recently saw some bills that were meant to help fund police officers get shut down before passing through the House. How frustrated does this make you?
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA and how others can help officers in their time of need?
a. More information can be found on the official website at http://www.investusa.org.