As if strict policies and finger pointing from president Joe Biden weren’t enough, Border Patrol agents are facing an even bigger threat, as the border crisis continues to get worse.
Per a report from Fox News, Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz noted, under oath, that Biden’s new border policies are presenting “no consequences” for illegal immigrants entering the United States. As a result, an unprecedented surge of immigrants – up into hundreds of thousands – have been making their way into the country.
Speaking with Florida attorneys, Ortiz noted that “we have seen increases when there are no consequences.” Not only that, he believes they will continue to “increase at an exponential rate,” making the situation for Border Patrol agents even more dire.
Here to speak with us now about the growing concerns over a border crisis is Michael Letts. He has served more than 30 years in law enforcement; and currently acts as president, founder and CEO for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers via charitable organizations and sponsorships. His expertise – and appreciation for hard-working Border Patrol agents – should weigh heavily on this matter.
- You’ve noted in the past that you believe President Joe Biden has some sort of vendetta against Border Agents, namely with the reported treatment of certain immigrants. Do you think he’s acting way too harshly here?
- What do you think about the revamping he’s done to certain border policies in order to “relax” certain standards for some immigrants? Clearly it’s causing a problem with a border crisis as a result.
- Why do you think President Biden hasn’t responded specifically to this matter? Bigger problems at hand? Or is he hoping the border crisis will clear up on its own?
- What kind of turmoil do you believe Border Patrol agents are going through right now? How much worse do you think things will get for them in the months ahead?
- If you had the chance to write your own policy on Border Patrol rules, how would you go about it? What circumstances would you present for certain immigrants and their families, if any?
- Where can others learn more about InVest USA, as well as how they can contribute to help fellow police officers?
More information is available on the official website at http://www.investusa.org.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.