Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts takes a closer look at what happened to Nancy Pelosi’s husband over the weekend.
A violent attack took place at the home of Paul and Nancy Pelosi over the weekend, leaving the former injured at the hands of a male intruder. As a result, Paul suffered a fractured skull and other injuries, and is currently recovering in a hospital. A suspect has been taken into custody.
What’s interesting, however, is the fallout that has come from it, with many in the press (and on the Democratic side of things) blaming Republicans for their behavior against Pelosi over the years. But Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran for more than 30 years, has questions surrounding that.
Letts joins us now, bringing his law expertise to the table. He currently serves as founder, CEO and president for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships.
- Do you believe the media coverage on the whole Paul Pelosi attack is somewhat jaded, with so many blaming Republicans for the fallout from it?
- Could some of this media coverage be misplaced in terms of blaming past behavior on Republicans? Do you think more focus should be put on the suspect and his “attack list” that he had in place?
- You have some big questions in regards to the security at the Pelosi home. You think it’s a bit odd that someone was able to just walk in and attack Paul with a hammer, correct? Why do you think that is?
- Do you think Nancy Pelosi could use this as some sort of political fuel to help get her Democratic colleagues to win their elections and find their seat in the Senate and House?
- What does an attack like this say on safety of politicians overall, especially with today’s climate and everything happening? Would this change if more police officers were available?
- Tell us more about InVest USA, and how it’s helping police officers, especially in their time of need.
- Where can we learn more about In-Vest USA, and how people can contribute to the group?
You can visit the official website at http://www.investusa.org.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.