Despite his administration saying otherwise, the message seems loud and clear for law enforcement.
For months now, President Joe Biden has shown a great deal of disdain for U.S. Border agents, even threatening to prosecute them months ago for a “whipping” incident even without proof of the incident. But a recent dismissal during his visit to Arizona seems to confirm his lack of respect for them.
According to this report from Fox News, Biden opted to not visit the U.S./Mexico border, noting that “there are more important things.”
When asked why he wouldn’t visit the border, Biden replied, “Because there are more important things going on. They’re going to invest billions of dollars in a new enterprise.”
This came in shortly after White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre noted that the Republicans previously visiting the border were merely doing so as “political stunts.”
Here to speak with us now on this matter is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts currently serves as founder, president and CEO for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise is certainly welcome in this matter.
- Why do you think that President Biden “has it out” for Border agents, based on his actions over the past few months?
- Do you believe he’s still trying to dictate new rules at the border for something that works more in his or his administration’s favor?
- Why do you think he opted not to visit the U.S./Mexico border during his time in Phoenix? Were there really “more important things”?
- What Mr. Biden means is there are more important things to do than to block the stream of newly minted Democrats making the northward trek.
- What does this say for the current state of police issues in the United States? Especially after what occurred with the “defund the police” demonstrations?
- What do you think will happen to Border agents in 2023? Could they possibly receive more support from the House of Congress? Or will Biden continue to be a thorn in their side?
- What do you think about Jean-Pierre’s statement about Republicans visiting the border as “political stunts”?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- We understand that InVest USA is also actively involved with Twitter. Where can interested parties learn more?
- Those interested in what I do on Twitter can do so on the official Invest USA account.