Law enforcement veteran Michael Letts discusses the uncovered documents, as well as the FBI’s inability to act in the same way they did with former President Donald Trump.
Just months after former President Donald Trump found his Mar-a-Lago estate under invasion for classified documents by the FBI, a number of them are starting to turn up at President Joe Biden’s residence in Wilmington, Delaware.
So far, Biden’s lawyer has confirmed three sets of documents being located in the storage of Biden’s garage, as well as “an adjacent room.” His lawyers have been quick to admit the documents in his possession, even going as far to cooperate with the Department of Justice and National Archives “to ensure that any Obama-Biden administration records are appropriately in possession of the Archives.”
That said, questions have arisen, such as why the FBI hasn’t gotten involved in any kind of investigation – the same way they did with Trump last year. House Republicans have already revealed that they have a number of probes in the work to look deeper into the current President’s actions. But will that be enough?
Here to speak with us now is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts currently serves as founder, president and CEO of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers, through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise should prove worthwhile with this controversial matter.
- You’ve been talking about corruption within the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for months. Does this situation pretty much confirm they’re leaning more towards Biden and his administration?
- Why do you think the FBI hasn’t taken action with the findings of these classified documents on the President’s grounds? Are they simply thinking that he “forgot” they were on his premises since his days as Vice President alongside Barack Obama?
- Attorney General Merrick Garland recently assigned Robert Hur, who served as US attorney for Maryland years ago, as special counsel for this case. Do you think he’ll make any progress? Or is it possible that Garland will get in the way of his investigation?
- House Republicans have already noted they have several probes in the works to look into the documents matter. Do you think they should also pursue the FBI and Department of Justice as well? What do you think their next course of action should be?
- Is there a chance this could likely be forgotten about, possibly in the same way that many government agencies looked aside what was happening with Joe’s son Hunter and his infamous laptop?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that, and why support for fellow officers is so important right now.
- We understand that InVest USA is also actively involved with Twitter. Where can interested parties learn more?
Those interested in what I do on Twitter can do so on the official Invest USA account.