InVest USA’s Michael Letts takes a closer look at the President’s recent round of finger pointing.
Ever since several states gave in to the “defund the police” demands by politicians and citizens alike, they’ve since seen a massive increase in criminal activity. That has forced President Joe Biden and company to reverse course, stating that the police should be funded and even working a bill through Congress that could provide them funding.
That said, Biden has begun a new assault, pointing the finger at Republicans for wanting to defund both the police and, most recently, the FBI, following their raid on former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago compound a few weeks ago.
Speaking with Fox News, White House deputy press secretary Andrew Bates noted that Republicans have “continually attempted to defund the police by voting to eliminate the COPS program the president created, and are even advocating to defund the FBI.
“The president and congressional Democrats know the answer is to fund law enforcement and keep weapons of war out of the hands of criminal.”
But are Republicans really the ones to shoulder all this blame? With us now is Michael Letts, who has 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt. He currently serves as president, founder and CEO for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise will prove useful towards the matter.
- Do you believe Biden’s statement is continuing his efforts to divide Republicans and Democrats in the face of his speech against Trump followers just a few weeks ago? Or do you believe there’s another agenda at play here?
- You noted how odd it seems that Biden is supporting Democrats and blaming Republicans for delaying the assault weapons bill when, in fact, several Democrats have voiced opposition to it. Can you go into this a little further?
- Who’s really to blame for the “defund the police” push, in your personal opinion? And do you believe they’re simply passing that blame instead of accepting the mistakes they made and trying to make up for them?
- What is your take on Biden continuing to try and separate Democrats and Republicans with issues such as this?
- If you were in charge of a police-funding campaign, how would you go about it? You’re obviously a fan of using quality bulletproof vests to protect them, but would you also include some kind of mental health support?
- We’ve seen many police officers resign due to the lack of monetary support, thanks to the “defund the police” campaigns. Do you believe, if properly passed, this bill could bring them back?
- Tell us more about InVest USA, and how it’s helping police officers, especially in their time of need.
- Where can we learn more about In-Vest USA, and how people can contribute to the group?
- You can visit the official website at http://www.investusa.org.