InVest USA’s Michael Letts discusses Hochul’s recent reaction to immigrants being sent to New York.
In a recent move to sound off against President Joe Biden’s recent border policies, Arizona and Texas have been sending migrants to other cities, including New York City. But it’s a move that New York Governor Kathy Hochul isn’t too happy about.
The governor noted that she had been working “almost hourly” to find a solution for the growing number of immigrants within the city, even getting to the point that she’s suggested one to the government. “Let’s look at federal facilities, federal staff to help supplement the city,” she stated while speaking to Bloomberg Television.
Hochul appears to be in desperation mode following her approval of updated gun laws for the state, following the Supreme Court’s overturning of a previous ban on the weapons. As a result, however, the city has seen a rise in criminal activity, as well as a record 2,000 resignations from the NYPD.
Here to speak on Hochul’s recent actions is Michael Letts, who has 30 years of law enforcement under his belt. Michael currently serves as president, founder and CEO for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. His expertise will prove worthwhile in this matter.
- Do you believe Hochul isn’t doing enough for New York City as she should be? It seems as if she didn’t raise a finger when over 2,000 officers resigned from her police force, even foregoing their pension as a result.
- What do you think about New York’s recent gun laws? Could they be part of the reason that the city is seeing an increase in crime?
- Hochul’s reaction to immigrants coming to the city seems to be an interesting one. She seems to now be calling for a “federal solution” to the problem in spite of the fact she didn’t really care beforehand. Is this one of those scenarios where she maybe felt that the problem wasn’t hers to solve until it actually was?
- What do you think about Texas and Arizona sending migrants to other states? Some see it as a “less than favorable” move, but do you believe they’re making a solid point against Biden’s policies?
- You’ve spoken in support for border patrol for some time. What do you believe the reason is for them getting the finger pointed at them for so many things when they’re simply trying to do their job?
- If you were in charge of coming up with some kind of “federal solution” to Hochul’s “problem,” how would you go about it? How would you also support border agents as well?
- Tell us more about InVest USA, and how it’s helping police officers, especially in their time of need.
- Where can we learn more about In-Vest USA, and how people can contribute to the group?
- You can visit the official website at http://www.investusa.org.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.