Media Event: InVestUSA, a 501c3 nonprofit is donating Ten Active shooter vests to the Atlanta Police Department in recognition of their noteworthy and heroic response to the defense of their training facility earlier from groups of domestic terrorists from around the country.
Michael Letts, President and CEO of InVest USA said, “We representing millions of Americans across this country are proud to stand with Atlanta’s finest heroes who demonstrated that a firm stand against lawlessness and destruction is the only way to curb the dramatic rise in violence and crime sweeping America today. Highlighting these brave first responders is the greatest privilege we as Americans can have. On behalf of a grateful nation….thank you!”
Who: InVestUSA CEO / Atlanta PD. Command Staff and Officers
Where: Atlanta Police Firing Range, 1500 Key Rd, Atlanta GA 30316
When: Thursday April 27th, 2023 at 1:00 pm Eastern Time
Why: Atlanta has become a hotbed for protests against the police and not all officers have adequate chest protection. Recently, 35 domestic terrorists dressed in black were detained by police after attacking the construction site for their new Training Facility. The Domestic Terrorists used bricks, rocks, and Molotov cocktails, damaging various construction equipment. The situation escalated in January after a Georgia State Trooper shot and killed protestor Manuel Teran when they found themselves amid a firefight.
“Actions such as this will not be tolerated,” said Atlanta police Chief Darin Schierbaum during a press conference. “When you attack law enforcement officers, facilities, and equipment, you are breaking the law.”
CONTACT: Available for interviews is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience, whose organization InVest USA is contributing 10 Active Shooter Vests to the Atlanta Police Department.
- What prompted you to donate 10 active shooter vests to Atlanta Police?
- What is the difference between an Active Shooter Vest and Kevlar bulletproof vests?
- Why do you think the domestic terrorists attacked the site where the Police Safety Training Facility is being built? Do you believe they’re still bitterly holding onto their “defund the police” message?
- Atlanta has been the home of escalating “cop city” riots over the past few months. Do you see the situation calming down anytime soon? Or could it possibly get worse? And is it likely to spread to other cities?
- Is building a new Safety Training Facility the best way to help boost the morale of police officers while training new ones properly for the job? Or is there another route they could have taken?
- Should other cities consider building a potential training facility to help out their fellow officers? Or would some concerns be that by creating such a place, might it “militarize” a neighborhood, as some protestors believe?
- Do you believe the situation will improve for police in 2023, especially if Congress (and eventually, the Senate) approve the “fund the police” program that’s been going around for months?
- You’re the creator of InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships. Tell us more about that and why support for fellow officers is so important.
- We understand that InVest USA is also actively involved with Twitter. Where can interested parties learn more?
Answer: At InVestUSA.org
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.