Police organization chief calls for the abolishment of the FBI.
Following months of reports about wrongdoing within the bureau, the House Judiciary GOP Committee recently released a 1,050 page report detailing the problems going on within the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) didn’t mince words when it came to discussing the problems with the bureau. “The Federal Bureau of Investigation, under the stewardship of Director Christopher Wray and Attorney General Merrick Garland, is broken,” he said in a statement.
The document not only covers letter that Republicans have sent to both the FBI and the Department of Justice, but also several reports from former agents turned whistleblowers, who report that the bureau has “rotted to the core” under poor leadership. There have also been reports of favoritism for select politicians, leaving many wondering about the nature of their raid on the compound of former President Donald Trump earlier this summer.
And things aren’t concluded either, as the report noted that “there is likely much more to be uncovered in the months ahead.”
With us now to speak on the matter is Michael Letts, a law enforcement veteran with over 30 years of experience under his belt. Letts currently serves as founder, president and CEO for InVest USA, an organization that provides bulletproof vests to police officers through various charitable groups and sponsorships.
- When do you think the problems began with the FBI? With their raid on Mar-a-Lago, or long before that?
- What do you think about all the whistleblower reports to come from the bureau? Do you believe these officers have gone through a great deal of torment trying to do their job?
- What does Christopher Wray’s performance as director say about the effectiveness of the FBI? Where do you believe it “all went wrong,” so to speak?
- What resolution do you think would be best when it comes to righting what’s wrong with the FBI? A full reorganization from the top? An abolishment of the group compared to creating a new justice department? Something else?
- If you were in charge of the FBI, what steps would you take to make sure things are handled properly?
- Tell us about what you do with InVest USA, and how you make a difference when it comes to helping fellow officers.
- Where can we learn more about InVest USA, and how people can make contributions to their beloved police officers?
You can visit the official website at http://www.investusa.org.
About Michael Letts:
Michael Letts is the Founder, President, and CEO of InVest USA, a national grassroots non-profit organization that is helping hundreds of communities provide thousands of bulletproof vests for their police forces through educational, public relations, sponsorship, and fundraising programs. He also has over 30 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, hence his pro-police stance for his brothers and sisters in blue. Those interested in learning more about Letts can visit his official website here.